A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sunshine Award







Jacob and Emma both got an award at school last Friday.  They have an awards assembly each month.  The kids do not know ahead of time they are getting an award.  I was able to make each of them think the other one was getting an award so they were both surprised.  At the bus stop that morning Emma and I were in the van by ourselves, I asked her if she could keep a secret and told her that Jacob was getting an award.  When she saw us at the awards assembly she knew we were there for Jacob.  Jacob had asked me in the morning if he was getting an award.  Then he said, I am not getting an award am I?  I did not answer him which made him think that he was not getting one.  They also give the kindergartners their awards first.  When Emma's name was called she jumped right up.  When Emma got her award he looked right at me and shrugged his shoulders, knowing for sure he was not getting an award.  Another fun thing, Jacob was asked to be up front and hand out pencils to each person that got an award.  When they called his name he said, I am right here and put his arms up in the air.  He was SO excited.  Words can not describe how excited he was.  It was a great morning. 

No comments: