A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer Vacation - Week 2

Another busy week, which is good for mommy and the kids.  Emma and Seth had swim lessons this week.  They both did really well.  Several months ago when I signed them up I asked Jacob if he wanted to take them also.  He said no, because he already knows how to swim.  Well, all week he was wishing he had signed up.  He did get to swim this week though.  Friday he went with a friend and his family to a big pool in our area.  On the same day I took the other three kids to a different, somewhat smaller, easier for me to manage pool.  All of the kids are doing really well in the pool.  We also got to swim today at Sean's parents pool in their neighborhood.

The kids started doing school work this week also, I know I am a mean mom.  They only have to do a few things and I try to make it fun.  So far so good.  On Thursday we made a "summer chain". (I took a picture but do not have it with me, I will try to remember to post it later.)  There is a chain for each day of the summer.  We wrote different things we have planned this summer on the links.  Each day they get to take a link off.  The last link is the "first day of school".  It was a fun little project for the kids.

Tuesday we went into Leesburg and spent the evening with my good friend Jen and her family.  The kids really enjoy having them closer and getting to see them more ofter.  They have a new baby, 3 months old, Emma and Seth love to hold little Spencer.

Thursday Sean took the older three to the movies to see Shrek, Forever After.  They all enjoyed it.  I also enjoyed having an evening with only Lucy.

Today we headed to Sean's parents for the weekend.  The kids and I are heading to South Carolina tomorrow morning to visit my mom for a week.  I am not looking forward to an eight hour drive alone but I know it will be fun.  We will come home next Saturday night.

No comments: