A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First day of First Grade

My BIG first grade boy!

The Brown kids.
Getting on the bus.
Jacob is starting first grade today. Last night and today went much better than last year. And, I allowed him to ride the bus to school. I have been asking Jacob for the last week if he wants me to take him or if he wants to ride the bus. He told me several times that he wanted to ride the bus but he knows that I would miss him if he rode the bus. I informed him that I will miss him anyways. So, I am letting go of some of those apron strings and letting him ride the bus to school. I have not cried at all. I did feel the emotions welling up as I waved good-bye to the bus. Jacob is such a great kid. I know that he will do well in first grade and make many new friends.
We will be taking Emma to preschool next Thursday. We will see if I cry for that one. :-)
I know that I have not yet posted weeks 8-11 of summer vacation. I will try to get that posted this week.

2 comments:

Cara said...

GOod goin' Mom! I send 2 kids off on the bus in September, if you can believe that! And believe me, if there are tears they will be tears of joy...

Megan Young said...

yeah for first grade, good job for not crying, i know I will. Madeline starts her last year in elementary school.