A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Vacation Week 7 - late again





Monday - In the morning the kids did their jobs, which makes Mommy very happy because she has a clean house and she does not have to clean it all by herself. Sean and I also moved Lucy's crib into Emma's room. Emma has wanted Lucy in the room with her since she was born but since we have an extra room we wanted to wait until Lucy was sleeping through the night. Emma was so excited about having Lucy in her room that when Lucy went to bed at 7pm, Emma wanted to go also. It is going well having them in the same room. In the afternoon we went to a dairy farm that is about 30 minutes from us. If you are there at 4pm you can help feed the calves. We were able to do that. Seth was not too excited about the cows. Lucy loved the calves and one was trying to eat her hand. After feeding the cows we had ice cream at the little store and bought a half gallon of the best chocolate milk I have ever tasted.

Tuesday - We will call Tuesday movie day. The local movie theater has free movies on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Sean took Jacob, Emma and Seth to see "Star Wars - The Clone Wars". I got to stay home with Lucy who took a nap for part of the time. I always think about all the things I would get done if my kids were out of the house for just a couple hours. Well I had that and what do you think I got done?!?!?! NOTHING, I took a nap. :-) That night Sean and Jacob went to see "Harry Potter". Jacob liked it but was just a little scared of, I think, the death eaters. He came in our bed and said, "I think I should have watched that movie during the day". Sean loves the movies and me not so much. So, he usually either goes to a matinee by himself or takes Jacob. I am glad that Jacob shares Sean's love for the movies so that I do not have to go.

Wednesday & Thursday - We just hung out at home and played and cleaned and got ready for the weekend.

Friday & Saturday - We headed to Kirtland, OH to see some church historic sites. We met Sean's brother Adam and his family there. We camped on Friday and went to Kirtland on Saturday. It was fun. Our kids always enjoy seeing their cousins. There was a playground right by our site so the kids spent the majority of their time there. We made smores in the evening and the kids were all up late. Our kids love sleeping in a tent. It was Lucy's first time in a tent. I was a little nervous but she did well. Saturday was a full day. We did not get home until 11:30pm but it was well worth it.




It was another fun week of the summer. All to soon Jacob will be in 1st grade, Emma will be in preschool and Seth will be doing Joy School and life will get very busy. We are going to fully enjoy the last month of our summer vacation.

No comments: