A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Where is Seth?

This morning I was the first one up and came downstairs to feed the dogs. Jacob came down shortly after I did. While we were down here I heard a noise upstairs, so like any good mommy, I went to investigate and check on the other kids. Emma was asleep in her bed, Lucy was asleep in her crib but Seth was not in his bed. It is not uncommon for our kids to crawl in bed with us in the morning so I checked our room and only Sean was in our bed. I did the rounds again, this time moving blankets and pillows to see if he was under any of them, still no Seth. I came downstairs to make sure that he did not come down while I was not looking, he did not. I asked Jacob if Seth was in his bed when he came downstairs and he said that he did not see him. I looked outside, in the garage, in the basement, still no Seth. By this time I was starting to panic. I did another check of the rooms then ran into our room and informed Sean that I could not find Seth. Sean immediately jumped out of bed. I ran downstairs yelling, "Seth, are you here, SETH!!" He calmly answered, "Mommy, I am right here." "Where is her?", I asked. "I am under my bed." That is probably the one place I did not look.

And again this afternoon we got to play again. The kids were having quiet time (or mommy sanity time, whatever you want to call it). The timer rang and I called upstairs to tell Emma and Seth they could come down. Emma heard me and went into Seth's room to get him but she could not find him. She said I even looked under the bed. I ran upstairs to find him asleep on Jacob's bed, the top bunk.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Maybe you should name him Waldo? I hate that panic feeling when you think you've lost one of the kids. I found Anthony once half a mile away at the corner of a busy road and construction site. He went there on his bike to wait for Tyson's bus. I could have died.