A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Vacation Week 6

Wow, the summer is half way over. This week we were able to spend some time with family.

Monday - We went to a small water, more like spray, park not too far from our house. There is one big water slide. Jacob loved it. Emma was tall enough to go on it but once she climbed the stairs and looked at it she changed her mind, so she made the trip back down the stairs. There was a small duck slide where Seth spent most of his time. It was a good time.

Tuesday - In school last year Jacob was able to see Bill Wellington, who is a folk singer. He really liked him and we even bought a couple of his CD's. Well, he was at the Library on Tuesday so we decided to go. He is great, the kids had a wonderful time listening to and singing with him. We came home with two more of his CD's. I was glad because I get tired of listening to the same thing every time we get in the van. After the show we headed over to our friends pool. There were not very many people there so there was a lot of room for swimming. Jacob is becoming quite the swimmer. Emma is much more confident in the water. And Seth, he is too confident.

Wednesday - In the morning the kids and I loaded into the van to head to Hollywood, MD, in southern Maryland, to visit my oldest sister Jennifer and her family. She had a baby in April. The kids played in the sprinkler. My kids loved following around their older cousins, Jocey and Nate, and Emma could not get enough of baby Lily. It was cute to lay Lucy and Lily and see the difference in them. My sister and her husband also took some great pictures of my kids. I am having a hard time deciding which ones I want to print.

Thursday - We headed back home around lunchtime. We just had a quiet evening at home.

Friday - It was rainy on Friday so we spent most of the day inside playing games and watching movies.

Saturday - Jacob headed to Baltimore with his friend and his friends family. It was strange having him gone all day. They went to the aquarium and walked around the inner Harbour. He had wonderful day. Emma, Seth, Lucy and I headed to Fairfax, VA to my sister Gretchen's house. My mom and Al were there with their new puppy. The kids were able to go swimming for several hours. After we went back to their house and had a cookout. I love a good grilled cheeseburger, YUM!! The kids were all tired and fell asleep on the way home, that is always fun.

Sunday - We continue to go to church from 3-6pm. It is hard time for the kids. We are praying that we are able to get back in our building here in Harpers Ferry very soon.

We have having a fun summer. I love having Jacob home with us all day.

1 comment:

Megan Young said...

I love the way you are posting your summer. It sounds like you are having so much fun. I hope I get my summer postings up before school starts.