A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Vacation Week 5

Seth has a teacher who spends a lot of time on things to send home with the kids each Sunday. These are his "Scripture Specs". Last Sunday as we were leaving church I turned around and this is what I saw. I had to take a picture, too cute. I love that kid.


Well, this week has been the week of swimming and sickness. Jacob and Emma had swim lessons this week. On Monday I took both of them up together. Emma was first, then there was a class between and Jacob was next. So, I had this GREAT plan all devised. I would get Emma ready and while she was in her class I would help Jacob do schoolwork (yes, we are mean parents and having our kids do a little work each day). Between their classes they would have a snack. Then while Jacob was in the pool Emma and I would do her schoolwork. Well, don't you know kids do not allow plans to go off as they should. Emma would not get in the pool at all on Monday. Not only would she not get in she screamed and cried for the entire 1 hour and 30 minutes we were at the INDOOR pool. I am not sure what was wrong with her. She has been swimming this summer and gotten in the pool. The rest of the week went a little better but not until Friday did she do everything that her teachers asked her to do. Therefore, plans were changed and Emma and either Sean or I would head to the pool first so that we could leave if need be and the other would bring up the rear with Jacob and the other two. We would meet in the middle and trade kids, cars or whatever we needed. Jacob did really well in his class.


Wednesday I gave the boys haircuts. Jacob prefers his shaved, which is fine with me because it is much easier and quicker, so I did him first. Then came Seth. He told me that he wanted hair like Jacob. I was not sure that I wanted to shave his head but he is so wiggly when I try to cut his hair that I decided to do it. It looks cute and he loves it.
Loves his new hair.
Ready to get all the hair off of him.



Thursday we packed a lunch and on the way home from swim lessons we stopped at the park, had lunch and played. It is a playground that we have only been to one time so it was fun for the kids. Thursday was also a day of rest. Jacob and Emma were both invited over to friends houses to play. Seth and Lucy both took good long afternoon naps so mommy also got a much needed nap.


As for sickness this week, Sean was sick on Sunday - Tuesday. Wednesday morning Seth, Lucy and I all woke up sick. Seth and I are still coughing a little and tired but feeling better. Lucy is feeling better as far as the sickness goes but is teething and not enjoying it. Thank goodness for medicine. Jacob woke up Friday morning not wanting to eat, which is very unusual for him, so we figured something was up. Yes, he is now sick. He missed his last day of swim lessons and pretty much laid on the couch. He is still feeling sick today but not as bad as yesterday. Emma woke up today with a nasty nose. Tonight is going to be early bedtimes and medicine. :-) We are staying home from church tomorrow so that we do not share our sickness with anyone. Well, Sean is going because he is feeling better and he has to teach.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Cute haircuts on those boys! I have Tyson do summer homework too...

Megan Young said...

Okay the glasses rule. I want some!