A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Monday, October 5, 2009

Families Are Forever

Tonight we had Family Home Evening. We rotate assignments in our family. Seth had the lesson, with help from daddy. He talked about temples. We sang "I love to see the Temple". Our activity was playing freeze tag. I know that sometimes our neighbors must laugh as we are running around in our yard on a Monday evening. Then we headed to Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins for a treat. It was a wonderful evening. As we were all in the van and heading home I had, as Sean refers to it, a "mommy moment". One of those moments when everything seems to be perfect and just they way that I have always wanted my family to be. As Elder David A. Bednar stated in his General Conference talk, (you can find it on http://www.lds.org/) our children may not remember a specific lesson, scripture or prayer but will remember that as a family we were consistent. Our children really enjoy Family Home Evening and I hope that they will remember that we did it as they grow older.

2 comments:

Cara said...

They definitely will! I'm always surprised at what the kids remember, even when I think they're not listening. FHE is an amazing influence for good and will keep our families strong!

Danee said...

You're a good Mom. Remember these good moments. They can keep you going through the tough times.