A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long Cold, Rainy, Busy Week

A whole lot of Brown's.


Last Monday started our busy week this week. Monday Sean and I headed to Massanutten, VA to listen to a sales presentation for a time share. We had not intention of buying but could not resist all of the free things they were going to give us. Nana and Grandpa came and stayed with our kids. We were tempted but did not buy. It was nice to spend a day with Sean.

Tuesday is always a busy day for me. Emma is in a preschool with two other friends from church are in also. We all carpool and Tuesday is my day. After getting Emma and Jacob to school I had to get home to prepare for Joy School. This week was my week to teach. We talked about camping and being outdoors. We actually had circle time in our tent. We made backpacks, went fishing, went on a hike and for a snack we made smores. Yes, I roasted marshmallows over an open fire with 3 year olds (Sean was here to help, he is off on Tuesdays). They are did a great job and we had a lot of fun. We kept the fire going all day and roasted hot dogs for dinner. Then our kids had smores after dinner. Tuesday afternoon and evening was getting ready for our weekly Relief Society meeting (formerly Enrichment). It was my first one with my new calling in the Relief Society presidency. I am way out of my comfort zone. I have been in primary all of my life, with the exception of about a year right after Sean and I got married. We had a class on budgeting. It was well attended and I think everyone had a good time. We had all apple things to eat. I must say I was glad when Tuesday was over. And to add to the mix Jacob has football practice on Tuesdays. Sean got to take all of the kids himself.


Wednesday was the day of school things. Emma had a field trip to Lowe's where they built faces for a cardboard pumpkin. She wanted Sean to go since they were building and that "is what dad's do". As he headed home he stopped a Jacob's school for National School Lunch week to have lunch with Jacob.


Thursday was Joy School again at our house. It rained all day so we were not able to do the outside things I wanted to but it was still fun.


Friday was my rotation for the preschool run again. Friday evening Jacob went to the first on many upcoming Fall Festivals/Halloween parties. He had fun.


Saturday the cold rainy weather continued. Jacob did not have his football game because of that. I must admit I was not sad to have a day to stay at home. I did a lot of much needed cleaning and general straightening up.


Sunday was church this morning and relaxing in the afternoon. Above is a picture of our family we took today. Emma is supposed to bring in a picture of her family and we did not have any family pictures with Lucy. Jacob is taking piano lessons and was practicing today. As you can tell Lucy loves to watch him.





I love this picture!!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Cold and rainy for sure - but lots of fun going on at your house!