A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Monday, August 25, 2008

Another Busy Weekend

This weekend was busy again, but wonderful. Saturday we headed to Fredericksburg to spend some time with Sean's family. I was also able to go to a baby shower of a friend on Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening Sean and I went out to dinner and a movie with Sean's brother Adam and his wife Angie. It was great to spend some time with them since they will be moving this week. We are really going to miss them but plan to visit them in Michigan. Then on Sunday we went to church in the morning, had birthday linner (lunch/dinner) for our niece Ashleigh and cake (an ice cream cake, my favorite) and then Sunday evening she was baptized. I love going to baptisms and am glad that we could be there for her special day. It was a quick but wonderful weekend.

When we got home last night there were two messages from my dad so I knew something was up because my dad never calls two times in the same weekend unless he needs to tell us something. So we called last night when we got home and were given the news that my little sister Heidi is engaged!! We have meet Christian, her fiancee, several times and really like him. Most importantly my kids love him and are excited to have him as an Uncle. There is no date set yet but I will be sure to keep everyone posted.

On a sadder (is that a word?) note Jacob starts school tomorrow. I am really going to miss him. I am sure that he will do great and have a wonderful time but as the mom I am a nervous wreck. I will let you know how the next few days go in our house.

1 comment:

amylouwhosews said...

I have been reading a lot of blogs with moms sending their oldests off to school for the first time. The sadness is pretty universal. Hope he's had a great time!

I think I have the fabric picked out for your bag. Now I just have to order it! I'm really excited because it's fabric I've wanted to use for a LONG time!