A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Friday, August 22, 2008

Backyard Campout

Last night we had a camp out in our backyard. We roasted marshmallows and made some s'mores. The kids really enjoyed that. Seth is not afraid of the fire which was a little scary. Then we got the tent set up and headed to bed. I had not intended to sleep in the tent since my bed is less then 100 ft away, but Emma informed me that "I promised" I would sleep in the tent with them. I am fairly certain that I did not promise anything since I did not intend to sleep on the hard ground, in my backyard when I could walk to my house and bed, but I stayed outside and slept okay. The kids did great. They all fell asleep quickly and slept through the night. We had planned on having a backyard camp out for a while but wanted to make sure to get it done soon since we had a terrible experience last time we went camping (see earlier post). Last night was a success and kids already want to do it again.

2 comments:

Megan Young said...

Backyard camp outs rock! I am amazed your kids fell a sleep! Mine always have to be bribed.

Brigette said...

We were actually shocked how quickly they all went to sleep. We fully expected to be up all hours of the night.