A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow

Like everyone else on the east coast we have a TON of snow. We got about 2 1/2 feet here in good ole West Virginia. It started on Friday about 10am and did not stop until Saturday around 3pm. The best part (not really) is that Sean got stuck at work. He works swing shift (12:30pm - 10:30pm) Wednesday - Saturday. When he left on Friday it had started but was not sticking. We anticipated that he was going to get stuck so we loaded him up with food, drinks, pillow, sleeping bag, flashlight and shovel. His company paid for hotel rooms for a few people who could not get home, while I was here at home we was spending two days of luxury in an Embassy Suites, tough I know. He was able to drive to the hotel on Friday night but was not able to get his car out on Saturday morning. He had to walk, in two feet of snow, uphill (just kidding) 1/2 mile to work. He finally made it home today a little after 12pm. We were all very excited to see him.
Our back deck that I shoveled 3 times so that the dog could go outside to use the bathroom.
3 Brown's in the snow (I used have used the flash).

Our playground out back.
While Sean was off having his luxurious weekend I was home with the kids and animals. I was able to get most of the driveway shoveled and keep everyone fed and generally happy. The kids went out yesterday to play. Emma and Seth had a hard time getting through the snow because it was so deep. Seth actually started just crawling on top of it because he did not sink that way. It was pretty funny but I did not have time to get my camera. The kids are already out of school Monday and Tuesday. I do not anticipate that they will go to school much this week since they are predicting more snow on Tuesday/Wednesday. It is going to be Spring Break before the snow is all gone around here.



1 comment:

Cara said...

I know, it is crazy! "poor" Sean stuck in a nice hotel. :)

I'm glad he got home and you were able to hold down the fort and keep the dog happy. Don't you wish animals could just use the toilet like a normal person?