A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday night we went to a Fall Festival at Jacob's school. The kids were able to play a bunch of games and got candy and other goodies. They also had a cake walk. We had all three kids do it at one time, which increased our odds of winning so that we did not have to spend all night at the cake walk. Jacob won on the first try. Our plan was succesful. The kids had a lot of fun and that was our first chance to get candy.
Saturday night our ward had a chili cook off, fall festival, trunk or treat. Our chili did not win any awards. I told Sean that was his fault because he was one of the judges!! Oh well. Again, the kids were able to play games and win candy and prizes. Then we went outside to trunk or treat. One entire side and the back parking lot of the church were full. The kids came home with a lot of candy which made them very happy. I have a new view on the candy, let them eat it until they get sick or it is gone then I do not have to deal with "Can I have a piece of candy?" nearly as long if they just eat it and get it over with. Do not tell my dentist!!


As soon as we got home from the trunk or treat Seth dumped out his bag to see what he got. It was really quite funny. This is the first year he has realized what was going on. Emma was right behind him to dump and check out the loot. We put all the candy together so that there is no arguing. So far it has worked great for our kids.

1 comment:

The Coles said...

How are you guys? I came across this Blog, I am glad, it will help me follow your family. So you are expecting a baby girl! Congrats. I will look for updates on that!