A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We made it.

We made it through our busy weekend. We did have a few minor things go not as planned but it was a wonderful weekend. They boys left for their camping trip Friday and evening. They were very excited. They did not get any rain until they were packing up on Saturday morning to come home. I got up Saturday, took the girls to a friends house and headed to my race. I finished the 5k in just over 36 minutes. We ran through Charles Town. My friend who was watching Emma and Lucy lives in town. I was not sure of the race course but was very excited that just over the halfway mark we ran past her house and Emma was outside to cheer me on. She was just as excited to see me. That gave me the boost I needed to get to the end. As I was turning the corner to the finish line I saw Sean and the boys at the finish line cheering me to the finish. It was nice having them there. After the race we had Jacob's soccer game and Emma's dance. They both went well. We all headed home to get cleaned up. Sean had to go to work so he went first. He came downstairs with tweezers in hand because he had pulled two ticks off of him. We checked the boys and found two on Jacob and three on Seth. I also found one on the shower wall as I was taking a shower. Then Jacob found two more in his hair later in the day that we had missed in our check. And this morning I found one in the Orange Juice in the fridge. YUCK!!! It must have gotten into the cooler and on one of the water bottles. I feel like I have bugs crawling all over me and in my house. We made it to Sean's parents. After I got Lucy in bed Jacob and I headed up the Woodbridge to participate in the Relay for Life. We stopped at Target to get rain coats/ponchos so we were not soaked. Unfortunately, there was lightening when we got there and they had moved everyone into the school. Shortly after that they decided to cancel the remainder of the event. Jacob was bummed that he did not get to walk the track but was sound asleep before we got back to Sean's parents house.

Sunday morning we headed to our old ward at church. It was a lot of fun to see friends. Then we headed to church one more time with Sean's parents to see more friends. In the afternoon we spent a few hours with a family that we had not seen in a while. It was great to catch up and see the new additions.

Monday morning the boys headed home and the girls and I headed to Southern Maryland. We went to my sister Jennifer's to see her new baby girl. She is beautiful. It was great to have a day to visit and hold my new niece. She made Lucy look huge. Sean fed the missionaries by himself because we got stuck in a little bit of traffic on the way home, bad planning on my part. We finally made it home around 7pm.

Today Sean headed to school with Jacob for his field trip. They are going to a Children's museum in Hagerstown, MD. Jacob wanted me to go but I get car sick and I have not been on a bus in long time and I am sure that the teacher did not want a chaperons that was going to throwing up all over the kids.

No comments: