A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lucy Elizabeth

First Bath with Daddy's Help

Mommy & Lucy

Sisters (Emma wants to hold her ALL the time. She cried when they left the hospital yesterday. She cried when Sean came to get me and she stayed home because she wanted to see Lucy. She gets upset if someone else is holding her and she is not getting ANOTHER turn. I love that Emma loves her so much.)


Big Brother Jacob



Lucy Elizabeth Brown
(where her name came from; Lucy is just a name that Sean and I like
Elizabeth is my grandma Butler's middle name and my middle name.)
Born 12/19/2008
@3:12pm
7 lbs 13 oz; 19 inches long
Well, we went into the hospital on Friday morning. I was being induced so we had to be there at 7:30am. They started my IV with fluids about 8am and the the patocin (sp?) at about 9am. The doctor checked me and said she would be back around lunch time. She returned around 12:30pm and broke my water and the rest in history. My labor starting coming much faster so I got an epidural (modern medicine is great). They had to call the doctor in at 3pm because I was ready. Once the doctor arrived and two pushes later, Lucy joined our family here on earth. We are very grateful for her and glad she is part of our family. She is jaundice, just like all of her siblings have been, so we are headed to get blood taken tomorrow and will probably have to do so for about a week. We will keep you posted on her progress with that.




8 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

Congratulations, again! She is a beauty! I'm so happy for you all!

Megan Young said...

What a sweet baby! Congratulations! What a wonderful addition to your sweet family.

Cara said...

She already looks like she belongs in the family. Stick her in a Christmas stocking, put a bow on her head and put her under the tree - Christmas came early this year. :)

Cathleen said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful, just like your other children. Here's hoping that she stays healthy and that lets you sleep sometime in the near future.
I'm sure your little angel is nearby sharing in all the joy! Love to you all~Cathleen

Carla Anne said...

Congratulations! She is very sweet. My niece's name is Lucy and it is an adorable name.

The Coles said...

I love pictures of siblings holding the new baby. Thanks for sharing with us, she is beautiful! I know your Christmas this year will be very special!

Amy said...

She is darling. Wish I was close so I could give her a hug!! You look great. I'm happy for your family.

Have a Very Merry Christmas.

Da Ilaoa's said...

I'm honored you also named Lucy after me :) I hope it won't be too long till I get to meet her. Congratulations!!