A Whole Lot of Brown's

A Whole Lot of Brown's
"This is our life, like it or not."

Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Vacation Week 1

Last Saturday we travelled to Buena Vista, VA to celebrate my younger brother Hyrums high school graduation. It is hard to believe that he is old enough to graduate. It ecspecially makes me feel old because he was born the October of my Senior Year and now he is graduating. Where did all those years go??

Starting Monday I was watching one of our neighbors sons because she is a teacher and still had to work, so we had one extra all week. On Monday we went to Pump It Up, which is an indoor arena with many different blow up moon bounces, slides and obstacle courses. The kids really enjoy it. The remainder of the week was filled with fun outside riding bikes, climbing trees, sidewalk chalk, bubbles and much more.

Saturday was a busy day. Our neighborhood had a yard sale and I decided at 6am that there were probably a few things that I could get rid of. I also told the kids that if they sold any toys they would get to keep the money. It was a great way for them to clean out the toy box. Jacob actually made $10. After they yard sale we came in for lunch and a little down time. Afterwards we headed down the street to a birthday party. We were there until about 7pm. Needless to say the kids were very tired. There was no arguing at bedtime. :-)

Sunday was church as normal. We are still meeting from 3pm - 6pm. We are also driving about 40 minutes to our Stake Center in Winchester, VA. Originally we were told 6 weeks and yesterday was 6 weeks. Yesterday we were informed that the carpet would not even be delivered until July 15th. I expect that we will not be back in our building until the end of the summer.

2 comments:

Cara said...

6 weeks ain't bad - remember the 4 years meeting at the Fredericksburg Stake Center? You and I both moved out before they got to meet in their new building.

Megan Young said...

Yeah for summer. Tomorrow is my first day and, "I AM SO EXCITED"!!!! Sounds like you have such a fun neighborhood. I still need to get myself up there to see it.